Monday, November 24, 2008

I am blessed #1

I received a reminder today to stop, sit down and realize how blessed I am. Lately it's been really busy around here and even though I realize how good life has been to us lately, I've forgotten to sit down and really internalize it. I realize I need to do it more regularly. So I decided that it was a perfect week to sit down and every day count some of my blessings.



Today I am grateful for our little place. Our little tiny home where we can spend time together as a family. I'm grateful for the opporutunity it gives us to work together as a family fixing it up. Cleaning, painting and these last couple of weeks raking the yard. We've always wanted to have trees around our house, and in this house we have a huge one up front. It's been amazing how deep the leaves get in the front yard. A week ago, the kids and I were at home by ourselves and they were getting bored. I suggested we go jump in the leaves. They didn't even know what I meant. So we all bundled up and went out side to rake the leaves, jump in them and bury each other. It was gorgeous day and one of those moments where you need to just set things aside and take advantage of the moment. This was my great view of my family after the girls buried me alive. What a great time together!


Not only does God bless us with beautiful trees to look at and shade our home, but to also run, play and laugh as a family.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Oh, what a great idea! I love that you're taking the time to write about what you're grateful for. And I love these pictures! How sweet. :) I'll be checking back in the next few days to see what else you've got! :)