Monday, November 23, 2009

Sketching With Thread

I recently came across this awesome stitch book. It reminded me of another site where someone sewed up a quick book of random scraps of fabric. It was going to be her embroidery ‘sketchbook’, a place to doodle with thread and needle. What a cool fun concept. I’ve been dying to make one ever since. A place to practice different techniques, draw with thread and have fun.  3957547860_f455832d7cThen I ran across this stitch work book created by Kat Coyle.  She was teaching a class to some students and had them create their own books using books on famous art and artists as inspiration. (Which the art history lover of me thinks is such a great idea!) 3974117231_cdcc717242Isn’t it just amazing?! I just love this idea. You can read more about it here on her blog.

 



Lately I’ve been trying to overcome the procrastinator in me and finish up some craft projects that have been a long time in the making. I finished one – pictures later, and am almost finished with another one. What a great feeling!  Now to get in the habit of just finishing them. :)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love this. Thanks for sharing it. I love all the color on your blog. Visiting makes me quite happy. I want to connect with you artist to artist, I'm just never quite sure how to. I think I just want a piece of your raw creative talent to rub off on me. Yeah, I'd be okay with that. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.