Monday, June 22, 2009

Mondays

I wish every day was a Monday. For some reason it is my best day of the week. I don't know if it's the new week resolve to tackle everything, having the energy to do it or what, but boy are they good days. My kids always seem to be ready to get out and play too, which sure helps me get a lot more accomplished. Here's to some of the best of today.

Hours spent building cities all over the driveway with blocks. We should have pulled these out from the garage a whole lot sooner.

Savannah setting the table by herself for lunch while I was in the other room. We let the kids enjoy Father's Day dinner with the fancy glasses. (They've been asking for them for weeks.) Well she decided that one meal wasn't enough, so we used them again.

Eating fresh peas from our garden and making clover rings.

Getting a lot of the house picked up and cleaned, some laundry done, some pondering and planning time, read some stories, worked on a new craft project, enjoyed a movie together and had family home evening. If only all days were Mondays.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Every day a Monday!?! I would lose my mind! It seems the house is trashed and there is a pile of laundry as big as me to tackle every Monday. I think we take "day of rest" a little too literally over here :)

Mandy said...

Can you trick yourself into believing every day is a Monday? Now that would be nice.

I love the block photos. Makes me so happy to see them creating in your driveway. We love blocks!