Thursday, January 31, 2008

One of those days

It's been one of those long tiring days. Isaac has not been feeling well the last couple of days, but then woke up last night throwing up, high fever, and not happy. Mirian woke up this morning with a fever and not happy. So all I've done all day is sit on the couch and hold one or the other all day long. All they want is mom and all they want to do is have me hold them.

Needless to say we've read every Berenstein Bear Book in the house, 3 more chapters of Pippi Longstocking, and told as many stories as I could come up from my childhood. Watched a couple of episodes of mickey mouse and the talking letter factory, while they continued to tell me all day what the first letter of every word was that they could think of. "Mom, frog starts with f!" "Mom, you start with m and s! (Shalae))" "Mom, cat starts with the letter c and then an a and a t!" I'm proud at how well Savannah is doing knowing her letters and being able to understand what sounds they make and what words they are found it. She's pretty proud of herself as well.

The house needs major help, but no one has let me do anything to it. It's one of those times where I understand their need to just want to be with mom, and I enjoy the fact that Isaac wants to cuddle with me rather than run around. It's times like this that I want to be there for them, but boy am I exhausted. Surprising how they can wear you down much quicker by having you sit on the couch all day needing you rather than doing all your daily chores and taking care of them when they are full of energy.

I can't decide yet whether I'm looking forward to tomorrow yet, as it now looks like any possibility of me and Beau going out on a date is not happening, and they still aren't feeling any better, so it could be another round of sitting on the couch all day. I'm not sure I have the stamina to do it!:)

No comments: