Thursday, September 06, 2007

Art

Experiment: That's what I've been doing lately and it has been so enjoyable. I have wanted to find a way to incorporate the real mediums of watercolors, pastels, pencils and others into my computer world as well. The other day during my dishwashing enlightenment I came up with a few ideas and have been working on them. So far I'm excited about the possibilities. I've create a few new products as well to incorporate them. Since I can't show you the products yet, I thought I'd give you a glimpse here of some of the results.

I've been mainly playing with the watercolor look. Its one of my favorite mediums and it's been refreshing to think of ways to create the same look, and combine the computer. Hopefully here in the next day or so I can show you the full views of these to pieces instead of just snippetts.

Right Time. Right Moment. I love it when things like this happen. I was having a really good conversation with my friend Mandy, after a recent blog post that she made. For days it gave me things to think about, and as we talked back and forth... it lead to even more exciting things that I can't wait to share with you guys. A new adventure that we are starting on in hopes of doing more art in our lives. Especially the kinds we want to do that is not related to scrapbooking. It's amazing how paths you've headed down, lead you to certain people, that start new paths to head down. Right now it feels as though our paths were led to each other for a purpose.

I can't tell you all the details, but I had to share some snippetts of some artwork I did related to it. I was just too excited to not post some of the things I've been working on. Some of you wanted to see more art so now your going to start getting it!
Today: The never ending laundry pile is calling my name. I also need to get some invitations out for a get together I'm doing. I've got new products to hook up in the store and a tutorial that needs to be finished up and sent on it's way for the ScrapGirls newsletter. Some time to play with the kids -maybe go to the park, and my WW meeting tonight.

The most exciting part. A mini-van! we are finishing up the paperwork today, and hopefully by today or tomorrow we'll be driving it off the lot. The three kids squished in the back of the red sunfire has worked for a while, but our last roadtrip about did us in for space. The kids are feeling crammed. (Who wouldn't be with luggage, pillows, blankets, and everything else stuffed in every available inch of space around them.) Plus when Mirian is having a rough day in the car she feels that it's her duty to hit, annoy and bother Isaac, who screams bloody murder in protest.

We can't wait to have more space. More room. Air conditioning that actually works and moves through the car. Lucky for us, we found one we could afford, and isn't too old. It meets our needs, and we can get paid off here in the next 6 months. I prefer the debt free feel. So here's to officially owning a "family" car. (I still remember to this day my art professor driving a mini van with all of us students in it on a school trip. He said, "Before you know it you are going to be sitting in these two seats up front with your spouse next to you, and the whole back filled with kids, and you'll be amazed at how fast it all went.) Well it's officially happened, I have a family big enough that we need a van. How did that happen?

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Oooh, I'm so intrigued to see what you and Mandy have come up with! I know with the 2 of you together, it's going to be good! :)