Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day

Today is Father's day and unfortunately I didn't get to spoil Beau like I was hoping. I ended up waking up with a bad case of Vertigo and couldn't move without the world spinning out of control and feeling like I was going to throw up. Hence he never got his favorite breakfast of biscuits and gravy, and ended up getting all three kids ready for church by himself. He also ended up taking all three to church at our brand new ward today by himself. But being the trooper that he was, he did it all without complaining and did a great job, which is why I love this guy so much. So I wanted to share what I love so much about you honey...

... the way you play with the kids like in this picture. Playing underground with the girls under the bed covers, playing hide and seek, playing donkey (him being the donkey so the girls (Mary and Joseph) can ride him all over the house), taking them for bike rides, wrestling matches with them and making them laugh. They can't wait till dad comes home to play.

... watching you take care of them, helping with baths, getting them dressed, taking care of their physical needs.

... teaching them about the gospel, teaching them about how to obey, or giving them an explanation to their questions. I love seeing you teach Family Home Evening or holding family council with them and helping them understand that all of their choices have a consequence whether it's good or bad.

... all the times you've helped with the kids at night so I could sleep, or let me sleep in while you made breakfast and got kids dressed. All of the times when I've been sick and you took care of the 3 little ones so I could rest and get better.

... all the sacrifices you make for us to provide for our family. Getting your education so we can have opportunities and making sure that our time with you is not shorted.

... for encouraging me in the pursuit of my talents and goals and helping out in any way you can with them.

You are wonderful, amazing and every day I realize how blessed I am to have you as the father of my children. Thank you honey for all you do.

No comments: