Sunday, August 29, 2010

After 30 hours of labor….

Savannah3

I never knew how much my life would change.  I became a mother. She was my very first born. She is the one that will get to experience all  of my parenting in it’s good and bad first.  She gets to break me in for all of my other children.  She was the first realization of a deep desire and yearning to be a mother.  She is the one I seem to expect the most from, which is not always the best.  She deserves to be kid after all.  Of any child she is the one that is most like me…..

She is smart…. she has her dad’s analytical orderly mind, with my creative intuition.  She can create anything with a stapler, tape and paper.  She is the first child with that bossy mother hen attitude built in. She wants responsibility and to be trusted with many things, and other times just wants to be a kid and not have to keep up to my expectations. I need to learn to give a little. I knew the pressure of being the oldest, and still feel that pressure. 

She has made my life more complete. She brings joy into my life. I love seeing her learn, grow and slowly start to develop into her own person. Before long she’ll be a young women, a teenager, a new bride, and then a mother too.  Only to experience this great cycle of life, that I am experiencing… that every mother goes through for generations. Isn’t it a wonderful thing!

Savannahs 7th birthday

Yesterday we had the chance to celebrate her 7th Birthday.  I can’t believe how big she is getting and how fast time goes by.  “She had the best birthday she’s ever had.” She declared to us.  She decided that she wanted to go to Pirate Island as a family instead of having a party with friends.  I asked her what she wanted to have for her cake. She told me she didn’t want me to worry about taking all the time to make a cake, that all she wanted to have was donuts in the box with green dots. (Krispy Creme)  Our friends gave us free punches to the swimming pool, so we celebrated as a family.  Swimming, letting the kids pick out their own special donuts while watching them be made, and ending the night at Pirate Island.

What a good day. I love days like this. Watching the kids eyes light up with excitement over doing things they’ve been asking us to do for a while.  To have a reason to celebrate that we have a family and are a family.  How blessed we are, and how blessed I am to have this girl be mine.

1 comment:

The Delgado's (all 9 of us) said...

Tell Savannah, Happy Belated Birthday! She's a great girl!