Monday, August 27, 2007

Visitor

Here is my Illustration Friday drawing for the topic visitor. I actually got this one done ahead of time. Yeah! I used watercolor pencils which I have come to love. So easy to use, a very quick way to paint. Especially if you have little kids around. There is no mess for them to play in, plus they have fun drawing on their own paper with them and then using water on top to make their own paints. So it's a medium we can actually do together. Although I did realize I need some more color variation. As my little set doesn't have a lot. Hhhmmm... think my husband will go for some new ones?

7 comments:

studio lolo said...

This is so hard for me to say because I love all (most) creatures, but ever since seeing and living with a fiercer breed of raccoons in Calif...I don't like the buggers anymore! They're downright vicious here. Nice job on the illo!

Josh (musarter) said...

Racoons are a very good idea for "visitors." The pesty buggers always visit at an in opportune time. People have posted so many good ideas I am having a hard time deciding what to do.
I understand the kid factor makes it hard to complete an illustration. I can only draw when my little boy goes to sleep.

Vhrsti said...

Great idea! We are very generous...

claudine hellmuth said...

great racoons! love this idea!

Laurel said...

So cute, Shalae, I love that drawing! :) You're such a good artist, with so much talent!

Ursula Shaw said...

The raccoons are a wonderful idea! Love your illustration.

Bernardo Díaz Carrizo said...

Jjajajajajaja, me gustan mucho estos animalitos ladrones...
Buen trabajo.
Saludos.