Thursday, April 19, 2007

One Hard Week


I don't know what it has been about this week, but it has been hard. The girls have not been on their best behavior or the most helpful. I've felt shorted on time with my husband. I've had a thousand ideas in the back of my mind that I've been wanting to design and no time at all to even try. One long week of frustration and discouragement. Weeks like these are hard. They make you start evaluating how you spend of all of your time, what you should be focusing on and how to adjust my attitude.

Tonight as I was putting the girls to bed I was wondering why being a mom is so hard sometimes. I had the question that if had I not chose to be a mom and instead just pursued art or designed who would I be. I would definitely not be the person I am now. I realized that there is NO way I could have grown in the many ways that I have. There is nothing out there, not in my design or art world, nor anything that I can think of that would make me stretch, grow and develop as a person more than a mom. Which is why it is so hard. But which is why it is so worth it. They make me use every faculty I have, every talent I've been given. They require me to stretch in areas I never knew needed stretching. I can't even begin to list all the things they've taught me... one of the greatest being love. Unconditional love. They have made me a better person, and by the time I'm done with this life I can't imagine who I will have become.

No comments: