Friday, October 05, 2012

The Lord will do nothing....

"The Lord will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."
Amos 3: 7



I love this time of year. It's the time of the year where the prophet of God will give the Lord's desires to all who will listen.  I believe that God has called a prophet and apostles to give direction to us today, just as he did in the Bible.  God still loves and cares for his children. He has always had a spokesman and prophet that he called and gave revelation to concerning all things.  I know for myself they are men of God, and have been called into the special calling of Prophets and apostles. I have been in congregations with many of them, and have felt the spirit testify that he has called them to direct the world today.  Why would he call Prophets through all dispensations of time and leave this dispensation alone, with no direction or guidance. He hasn't.  I love the fact that I can hear that direction and guidance regularly through the internet and other resources, but especially twice a year during general conference.  For two days they speak the will and mind of the Lord for us now.  I have been inspired, uplifted and given direction every time I have taken the time to sit down and hear what they have to say. Every time I have come to general conference with a question in mind... I have always received guidance and direction as to what I should do.

I think it's also a great opportunity to find out what the Mormon's believe. What we preach.  You can hear it straight from us.  At this time there is such a huge light on Mitt Romney as a presidential candidate, and being a Mormon. Many wonder what it is that he believes, what his faith is about. Who are the Mormons.  Here is your chance to sit and listen for yourself to the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.  You can hear for yourselves what we preach and believe.  We'd love to have you join us.

It's broadcast here over the internet, 10:00 am MST and 2:00 pm MST, Saturday October 6 and Sunday October 7.  If you choose to listen, you will hear over the two day period from Thomas S. Monson who has been called as a Prophet of God, his Counselors, and the 12 apostles who have been called as special witnesses of Jesus Christ. You will also have the chance to listen to other church leaders who serve in various capacities over the youth, women, men, children or humanitarian efforts.

If you can't listen to it then. It will be posted on the internet here where you can re-listen, watch or read it after it concludes. I always love to revisit their messages through the years and next six months until they speak to us again.  I think if you sincerely watch and listen, you will have answers to your own questions answered, you will receive direction in your own life, no matter what denomination of faith you belong to. You will be uplifted and have a desire to be better, no matter your faith.  I hope you'll join me, and feel free to share your thoughts and experience watching it.  If you have any questions about it you can also feel free to email me or comment and I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

No comments: