Thursday, March 25, 2010

With a Little Bit of Thread

I love the fact that you can create beautiful things from a simple piece of thread.  I’ve had some flour sack towels on hand, and have just been embroidering some patterns on them. Bike13 In the process I have noticed this weird thing that happens in my kitchen. I am one of those people that can go through 5-6 kitchen towels in one day. (Ask my husband, it blows him away sometimes.  And annoys him to no end when he can never find one.)  Maybe it’s all my kids, and the age of my kids that adds to that number. Maybe it’s some other weird phenomenon, but I can go through all my clean towels in one day somehow…. but here is the weird part.
Bike12I have a few of these flour sack towels that I’ve been given at my wedding and that I’ve collected. I somehow can get one towel and use it all day, if it’s one of these towels and not a terry cloth towel. Now what is up with that!  I don’t know what the little magic number is but seriously, how can this be.  So I’ve decided it’s time to replace all those terry cloth towels with these magic babies. Plus there’s something magical and nostalgic about have having hand embroidered towels in your kitchen. A little love was put into them, it reminds me of my grandma’s, it just makes me happy. So I’m on an adventure to embroidery a bunch of fun towels here and there as I watch a movie and slowly replace 5-6 terry towels with one of these babies.

2 comments:

The Delgado's (all 9 of us) said...

Yeah, I have the same problem with towels and washcloths. By the end of the day I have a small pile on the cupboard, which drives my spouse up the wall as well. It must be genetic :)

Tiff said...

I too have the same problem. It must be genetic. Where do you pick up these flour sack towels. I need to find some. They look cute, Shalae.Love ya