Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fenced In

About 4 months ago Caitlyn learned to walk. She was doing great and I wasn’t too worried about her until she found the road. (This road is insanely busy.)  Then anytime the door was left open out she went.  You tried to keep them shut and safe but 2 year olds just don’t remember that they need to shut the door after them for the safety of their younger sibling.  I couldn’t let her out of my sight, which made the days long because this girl belongs outside.  She wants to be out there.  It was time to finally build the fence, NOW.  Something we’ve been talking about wanting to do but kept pushing it off because other projects needed to get done first.  Now it actually happened.  I kept asking Caitlyn if she felt special that dad was building this fence and going to all this hard work (and burning up his saw) just for her.Pony3So we decided wood was the most practical, cheap way to do it. Build it ourselves. This is where I get to brag up my husband and his ability to build anything.  Fences being one of them. It’s been a three week project since he can’t work on it all the time, but with his skills and the help from a young man in our stake, they got it completed.

 



The whole time building it though Caitlyn thought it was the greatest thing to climb up the fence, stand on it and holler.  Just too funny.



pony2So today my kids are going around sporting this look.  Today was my day for service group, and so we had moms lining the fence and eight kids three and under sitting on the grass painting the fence. pony7    We didn’t even get half-way, but we got a good portion done. More than I would have been able to do on my own. It’s looking good though, and as everyone asked – yes Beau did cut and shape everyone of those pickets himself. What a good man!

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow! What an awesome fence. Beau does have some skills!

Rebekah said...

It's beautiful! I LOVE white picket fences. Good job!