Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Let It Go.

It's been one of those days. Nothing went as planned. I had so much I wanted to do, and so much that I NEEDED to do. Get caught up on housework, go play with the kids outside, babysit for my neighbor, and finish up a few new products for today. Sometimes you have to just let it all go and at the end of the day not think about what you didn't do, or didn't accomplish but instead what you did do.

Early this morning I got a phone call from a lady in our church who is on bedrest, has two small children and just recently delivered her third. She is still having problems after the birth and has been in the hospital quite a bit. She is now home but needs help all day. Our church has tried to arrange times for people to go in and help her, but today they didn't have the day filled and those that were scheduled canceled.

She called me up wondering if I knew of anyone that could help her. Isaac had just gone down for a nap, and I was supposed to babysit my friends 3 kids here shortly. I spent a good 30 minutes to an hour looking for someone that could help, and was able to get a hold of one sister that said she could help at 12:30, which was a couple of hours away. The poor sister needed help right now.

I talked to my friend and she willing took my kids on spur of the moment, while I spent the morning helping this sick sister until someone else could come and take a shift. I then needed to take my replacement's two kids with me since she couldn't have them at the sisters house who was trying to rest. I spent the rest of my day watching 7 kids under the age of 4. I was so grateful for the sister that volunteered to help me out, and another one that called me back and offered to help later that afternoon too taking care of this sick sister. It was such a blessing and I am so grateful for them.

By the time Beau got home from school and 6 hours later when the last kid finally left, I was beat and still am. Beau tells me "Just think, watching all these kids 7 or 8 of them at a time, is just getting you warmed up and practiced up for number 4 when it arrives. When it comes, 4 will seem like a breeze." No kidding. My house is still not cleaned, the laundry is still piled up, the kid's bedroom is even more messy, dinner was overdone (and none of the kids wanted to eat it), no designing happened, and we had some last minute visitors that were here for about an hour.

That's the point that you have to let it go. Instead you need to think of the fact that you helped a poor sister who really needed your help, you did get some of the dishes done, you helped two other sisters by taking care of their kids so they could serve, and do what they needed to do. You got dinner made, which at one point was looking like it was impossible, and you did get to enjoy about 30 minutes of fresh spring air outside while the kids ran out all their energy. Thank goodness for springtime, fresh air, warm weather, a husband who understands why I'm completely wiped out when he gets home, a dear friend who was willing to take my kids at last minute this morning so I could go and help and the fact that there is always tomorrow to get today's stuff done, and it will really be ok. Just let it go. Just go crawl in bed and get some sleep.

No comments: