Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blessed #3

I had no idea what I was getting myself into 3 years ago when I applied at ScrapGirls to be a designer. I was just looking for an option for a creative outlet, and yet help out a little while Beau was going to school while things were a little tight. I thought it would be a great way to be home with my kids, still do my art and bring in a little extra.

I was not prepared for the incredible friendships I would make with people all over the world. I was not prepared for the amazing creative feast it is for me to work with my fellow designers. They are so amazingly talented and push me so much in my own creative work. They are good, amazing, wonderful caring people. They are wonderful friends. One of the things that I missed the most when I graduated from college was the creative environment I had on a daily basis with other artists. I missed it more than I thought, and working with these amazing ladies has filled a huge void there. It has been so wonderful!


I never knew the wonderful people that I would meet and get to know through the boards, our customers, our layout team, our welcoming team etc. These ladies are incredible. It's so fun to work with people of different backgrounds, different faiths, who all love each other, care for each other and enjoy each other so much.

I never knew when I applied how lucky I would be to work with Ro (the owner) and Valerie (the Partner) and their management team... brandie, angie, and other behind the scenes people... Heidi, Laurel. The dedication that these ladies have to not only making an incredible site, but to create an incredible place to be, and a wonderful community to be a part of is humbling. It was so amazing to attend convention this October. To meet people literally all over the world, people from all walks of life who love and are so accepting of each other. You feel like you are just old friends., but really just meeting for the first time. It's an amazing experience.

I'm so blessed to be able to work with them all online, and yet get to hang out with them and meet up with them at least once or twice a year. I get to help our family out financially with the extra money and what a huge blessing that is. These last three years I have been able to grow so much in my own artistic abilities which has amazed me.

Right now I am SO grateful for this little purple place and all the people that are a part of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: