Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Reason for the Season


It feels like it has been weeks since I've posted, and it may still be weeks! All I dealt with last week was being sick. This week I'm dealing with catching up from last week, and next week will be the last minute Christmas preparations, gifts and activities! I love Christmas time, but why do we have to make it so insane. Why can't we just all do nothing, and enjoy the season of celebrating Christ and spending time with families. Gift giving is good, but sometimes it seems to be the focus of "trying to find the perfect gift" and a frenzy of projects, and it seems like Christmas has slipped by without me spending any quality time, re-reading the life of the Savior or spending time just serving and helping people. Celebrating the real reason for the season. So if I'm not around here for a while, that's what I'm hoping to do; spending relaxed quality time with my family enjoying the season, and taking the time to remember why the birth of my Savior was the most significant event in history and how that applies to me! I've been wanting to work on a design project all year focused on him, and it now looks like I'll be lucky to have it done before Christmas day. But that's ok. I've really enjoyed it, and it's helped me remember the reason for the season. I thought I'd share a little bit of it with you here. I wish you all a wonderful holiday and that you'll feel the love of Christ in your homes this season!

No comments: