Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's in the air.

Allergies! Man they can kill you. They have been bothering me for the last couple of weeks, but lately they're really killing me. I'm not sure if all the construction around here has also put a lot of dust, insulation and other foreign debris into the air that keeps getting infiltrated into my lungs. I'm still trying to get all that cleaned up and put back together. I guess it looks like a good project for my service group to do since it's my week next week, even though I really wanted them to be working on something else.

The girls declared that they wanted their training wheels off today, but of course I think they're having second thoughts now that that realize what is really required to ride these bikes of theirs. I'm not sure if I'm quite up to the energy required to teach them how to do it on their own.... the same with potty training Isaac. It's about time, but man there are some things I just don't enjoy doing as a parent and that would be one of them.... I just keep telling myself to think of the money we would save on diapers. Obviously I'm not convinced yet... soon...

Lately I've been reading up on the concept of square foot gardening. I have to say I'm convinced in a major way. We did it a little bit last year, and since we might not be here after another year I'm not going to do it fully, but we are going to try a few small beds in his method for all of our climbing vegetables. If they work this year, then next year we are going to convert all the way over, and where ever we move Beau's going to just have to prep himself, because there will be boxes to build. I especially like the method because it's so much easier to keep up, takes up smaller space and works great for the area in our yard. If you've ever wondered about if you could have a garden and could do it, this book will show you how anyone, anywhere no matter their living circumstances CAN have a garden.

The weather is beautiful here though, and it's just in the air... that summer feeling of mowing lawns, yard work, gardening, spending time outdoors and wishing you had a porch swing to go sit on in the evenings... it would definitely be more enjoyable though if these allergies would let me be. What are your big outdoor projects this year?

No comments: